Frequently asked questions :
Find the answers to your questions :
eMundus provides a white-label online platform that brings together the extensive spaces and features for automating repetitive tasks, collaboration and interconnection that an organization needs to accelerate and make its application management process more reliable from start to finish. It understands :
- a public portal to present open programs to candidates
- a deposit area to each proposed programme, associated with a form customised to collect the desired information, sometimes specific to a programme
- a space accessible to a generally limited number of users to manage the campaign, create user accounts, define user profiles, create email templates, manage the rules for automatic email sending by the platform....
- an evaluation space, also accessible to a certain type of user (with an evaluator profile), to comment and evaluate, alone or in group, the complete application files received
- a decision space to enter the final decision of the jury in each evaluated file
- a dashboard to access and consult in a flash key statistics and analyses in the form of graphs, printable as chartered reports and exportable in different formats (Excel/CSV, PDF, ZIP)
- a folder archiving space
- give visibility to the programs
- improve their image and the candidate's experience
- speed up processing and decision-making times
- maintain contact with depositors at each step of the process thanks to the automatic email alert and sending system included in the solution, which will allow one or more people, whatever their user profile, to be automatically relaunched or informed of a change
Depending on the needs and to go further, it is possible to activate additional features on request : trombinoscope generation, online payment, electronic signature, automatic generation and personalization of a standard document, setting up an LDAP connection, maintenance booking, automatic transfer and storage of processed files to an archive space located outside the platform....
The entire eMundus solution is accessible via the web. In addition, because we believe that nothing should remain the property of one person, we make the source code of our solution (Open source) public free of charge. The reversibility of the source code is complete, giving the possibility to a third party to maintain and develop the platform.
The data collected through the eMundus solution is hosted either on eMundus' servers (based in France) or on those of the customer. eMundus receives the data sent by the candidates and carries out, by using an algorithmic processing, a conformity check on certain documents (passport, identity card, visa, identity photo) to certify that they are indeed the documents requested and that their format is correct.
To prevent any failure, backups on our Web folders and also on databases are made on our servers (rented from the SoYouStart service provider). In terms of backup, the encryption is in AES-256 (encryption algorithm specify by ANSSI) with a data retention policy (7-day backup, 4 backups per month, 12 backups per year for each customer). All our machines are secure and do not use any password to connect. We all use RSA encryption keys ranging from 2048 to 4096 bits.
Some details about the security and confidentiality measures in place :
- Physical access to the treatment is protected (secure building)
- A user authentication process is implemented (password)
- A connection logging is performed
- A firewall filters access to the server
- The connection to the platform is encrypted via an SSL certificate
- Backups are encrypted
- Back office access is secure at the server level
- High-risk IP addresses are blocked
- When a hacking attempt is detected by a user, this user is automatically blocked
eMundus is not responsible for the storage and deletion of application data, which is used by our customers. Only an encrypted backup of the data is performed to ensure the recovery of lost data. This backup takes place once a day and is kept for a maximum of one year. We reliably comply with our GDRP policy.
The eMundus solution is very easily interconnected through an API with the software used by our customers, allowing the information entered in the eMundus platform to be automatically sent to these tools, and vice versa if necessary.
The eMundus solution consists of online spaces reserved for our clients, which are dedicated to the processing of candidates' applications, and public/accessible online spaces. These make it possible to present the proposed training programmes, in which a candidate will be able to hire and submit an application.
For each program, a "Candidate" button will be inserted. Here is the background of a candidate wishing to submit an application :
- he will go to the page detailing the training
- he will click on the "Apply" button and will be directed to a login/creation of account page
- once connected, he will access the application form consisting of fields to be filled in and fields to attach the required documents
A candidate has the possibility to start filling in the form and to record the information entered in order to complete the file at another time, another day. In this case, he will only have to log in again to access the form he had already started filling in. To be able to send his request, he must have filled in all the required fields and attached the required documents (it is also possible to authorize a single file format, such as PDF for example). Once he has completed his form and sent his request, he will receive an email to the email address indicated in his account confirming that his file has been sent and received correctly.
This feature is frequently requested by our clients, who wish to evaluate a candidate on specific knowledge (general culture, knowledge specific to the specialty of the training for which he/she is applying, mastery of a language, etc.). The candidate must answer this questionnaire in order to be able to send his application file. Once the questionnaire has been completed and validated, the answers are automatically attached to the client's application file in the customer interface and are automatically analysed by the platform to define a score. It is possible to establish a weighting by criterion.
The solution allows to define a maximum response time either by question or by questionnaire. Our eMundus solution offers many features.
We use a GIT repository for program files containing all updates to our platform. As part of the maintenance contract, we ensure the implementation of new versions and the management of security updates and patches. Updates related to regulations (e. g. GDRP) are included in our standard version.
The third-party applications (library, framework,...) that we integrate into our application are regularly updated and we guarantee the proper functioning of our platform. As part of an integration with an application from the customer's information system, if this impacts the proper functioning of our platform or the proper functioning in data exchange, we invoice by the time spent.
The different user profiles (candidate, administrator, manager, coordinator, evaluator, external partner) allow to restrict access to spaces, features, folders and limit rights, according to the roles of users defined in our customers' management process.
It is also possible to go further in limiting access by creating user groups with the same user profile. This is so that :
- a coordinator of service 1 cannot access the application files concerning service 2
- a coordinator of department 2 cannot access the application files concerning department 1
This setting is easy to modify and adjust over time for a user with an "administrator" or "manager" profile (only two profiles accessing this part).
This is the "Administrator" profile, which allows you to access all rights and manage the allocation of rights.
The eMundus solution includes a component to easily create a document sharing space in the platform. One of its advantages is that it allows communication with external spaces such as Dropbox and/or Google Drive, if the customer so wishes. Thus, a document deposited in Dropbox or Google Drive will be automatically retrieved in the document sharing space of the eMundus platform. The opposite is also true since a document deposited on the platform can be sent automatically in Dropbox and/or Google Drive.
The generation of a summary list by "sectorisation" is possible by period of your choice, so both by year and by quarter for example. Three types of segments exist by default; by program, by year (or time period) and by campaign. The filters are then adapted according to the information requested in the application file.
The eMundus solution makes it possible to perform extractions in different formats (excel/CSV, PDF, ZIP), both individually (on a file) and in bulk, thus enabling our customers to extract thousands of files in a few seconds.
The eMundus solution also integrates statistical and graphical features in a "Dashboard" space , so that the customer can have a synthetic view of his activities. The graphs can take different forms, depending on the need : bar graph, pie chart, Kiviat graph (radar/star), curve... Filters allow you to act on the graphs, for example by changing criteria or a period. The graphics that the user will see on the screen can be exported or printed in "two clicks".
The eMundus platform is able to communicate with other software to send them data present in its different spaces. It is possible to have both software communicate in one direction (the eMundus solution sends information), as well as in another (eMundus receives information).
The eMundus platform includes a evaluation space. All complete applications will enter the evaluation phase. According to the rules decided, it is possible to automatically assign files to be evaluated to a specific evaluator, as soon as the status of the file has changed to "To be evaluated" (change for example initiated by the manager who verified the information and documents, and judged the file complete and compliant). In a dedicated space, one or more evaluators can proceed to the assessment and evaluation of an application according to criteria chosen by the client. In the case where several actors are involved in the evaluation of the same application, it is possible to assign or not a score per criterion, with a different weighting. The overall score will be automatically calculated by the platform by adding the sum of the scores assigned to the criteria. Evaluations can be shared or hidden if it is necessary to make each completed evaluation invisible to another evaluator. The final decision can be entered in a dedicated space after the event, for example when a committee is organised.
It is possible to open a comment area associated with a folder, which can be active during all processes (before, during and after evaluation) with all user profiles (except candidate profile of course) but which will not all be allowed to add comments (if this is the customer's request). It can also be made active and/or visible only during specific steps (e.g. only during the evaluation).
The eMundus solution includes an automatic email alert and sending system. There are several types of alerts :
- automatic on event : as soon as the status of the file changes, an email is automatically sent to the candidate. A standard and personalized document can be automatically attached to this email
- automatic on recall : an automatic email will be sent to a candidate who has for example only started to fill in his file to apply to a program. The email will inform him that he has only 1/2/5/10/15/.... days left, depending on the closing date of the call for applications, to complete the entry of his information and send his file
- manuel : the platform manager, who may have to carry out an initial verification of the information entered and documents sent, according to the internally validated process, realizes that a document is not compliant. Then, he will be able to select his folder and send him an email by selecting an email template registered in the platform, to notify him of this problem. The manager will be able to select in a few clicks the dynamic email template adapted to this case, attach the document that the requester has sent and attach an example of a compliant document. If the manager encounters this problem in several files, he can also select all these files and send the same message (with the document sent and an example of a compliant document attached) at once to each of the candidates.
It is possible that the platform automatically generates automatic, personalized emails with a message adapted to the event (e.g. notification of grant awarding). It is possible that the tool generates and attaches to the email a signed standard document for example. An email may also be useful to ask for additional documents to be sent and/or to complete the file selected to validate a registration. For example, it is possible to create another space to allow all newly selected beneficiaries to enter other post-selection information. The url of this page can then be inserted in the automatic notification email.
For each field, it is possible to define specific validation constraints/rules, such as a limit in number of characters, a combination of letters and numbers, a mandatory entry...
It is possible to have an informative part on each file, to add or delete fields and to define constraints on each field if necessary.
It is possible for a client to access all requests sent, accepted or refused by candidate, since the implementation of its eMundus platform. All emails sent to this candidate will also be accessible. In addition, it is possible to consult the history of actions performed on a folder by users (date of opening of the folder and by which user, date of changes made and by which user, nature of changes made...).
A user client can archive :
- each folder on the platform, by selecting the appropriate folder status. In this case, the archived folder no longer appears in the usual view to users except for the administrator, who can consult it in a dedicated space of the platform without time limit. To be in compliance with the GDRP, the client owning the data must still comply with a reasonable period of data retention
- and/or by exporting the data in ZIP format for archiving outside the platform. It is the same rule with this archiving principle in terms of compliance with the GDRP
This feature is available and used by some of our customers. On the basis of a word document provided by the client organization, we integrate the template into the platform and put it in the client's graphic charter. This model includes :
- fixed elements
- dynamic elements; variables that will allow automatic customization of the document
- an empty field to be filled in : the document may also contain a part to be filled in to give a user of the organization the opportunity to manually fill in information.
It is possible to integrate many standard documents, for example to send different standard letters to an applicant, depending on the progress of the processing of his application.
This is quite possible on the same principle as described above.
The platform can automatically generate daily spreadsheets in PDF format, integrating the candidates' first and last names, training and day, for example (...). All it takes is for a training manager or other user to log into their eMundus account and print one or more download sheets in a few clicks.
The eMundus solution was built so that user organizations benefit from a maximum autonomy in the management of their activities on the platform. It is therefore possible for a customer to administer his spaces, launch new campaigns and create new forms. Each service includes the animation by the eMundus team of a training session on site with users involved in the campaign management process (administrator, manager, evaluator, partner...), without limit of participants. This training is given at the time of delivery of the deliverable so that the change and handling of the tool can be carried out with complete peace of mind.
The eMundus platform includes a rich range of features, each of which can be activated as required, including online payment. It is possible to propose a different amount to be paid according to certain information provided by a candidate (e. g. the amount to be paid will be different if the candidate is a scholarship holder or if he/she is not a scholarship holder), to pay the application fees. The feature can also be used to have a candidate pay the registration or re-registration fee.
This is one of the features of the eMundus platform. It allows a candidate to live an entirely digital experience (from filling in the application form to sending it, including the payment of fees and signing the application form). For a candidate, it becomes relatively easy to manage the design and sending of an application file from start to finish, given that the entire process is dematerialized. The use of this feature helps to improve depositor satisfaction and the organization's image.
Everything obviously depends on the complexity of the project. For a basic need, we are able to deploy a platform within 2 weeks. The online posting of the application submission space being generally the priority, we focus on this part to deliver this space within 1 week. Thus, while the first files are collected by our client, we are working on the other spaces he will use later (evaluation, decision, reporting, dashboard).
Our team offers you a training session (possible at a distance) with the future users of the platform. In this way, you simply learn with a view to managing all your recruitment campaigns with peace of mind. This training is carried out when the product is delivered to quickly develop your autonomy. The platform does not require any specific skills. If you encounter any problems, by contacting the eMundus team, they will be available to resolve them as quickly as possible.